Monday, May 12, 2014

Mega Free Wallpapers Updates

Mega Free Wallpapers Updates


Both mirrors are now online

Posted: 27 Apr 2014 10:35 PM PDT

Just to let you know that both mirrors of Mega Free Wallpapers are now online. The main domain (www.megafreewalls.com) is now pointing to megafreewalls.esy.es as the new mirror seems to be a bit faster. If you have any problems accessing that mirror, give megafreewalls.x10.mx a try.

Server problems - working mirror site is now online

Posted: 27 Apr 2014 08:58 AM PDT

Sorry about the downtime of Mega Free Wallpapers' main site. X10 Hosting have been implementing new servers and the transfer of sites from the old servers has encountered a few problems. I really don't know how long it will be until the X10 site is working again.

Anyway, I have now set up a mirror site in India which is hosted for free by Hostinger. The mirror site is located at -Mega Free Wallpapers- & has exactly the same content as the original site.

You would probably be best off using www.megafreewalls.com from now on to access Mega Free Wallpapers, as I have its name server redirecting it to one of the working mirrors. I use a couple of online website monitoring services to keep an eye on those sites, and if I get an email advising that the mirror which www.megafreewalls.com is currently redirected to is down, then I will just change the redirection to the other mirror.

Anyway, thanks for your patience. I know that the RSS feed will (again) have lots of old entries on it due to the pages being uploaded up to the new mirror - I can't do much about that. The blog address has also been changed to Mega Free Wallpapers News as I am using one which has static HTML links & can be FTP uploaded from my PC to both hosts.

No comments:

Post a Comment