Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mega Free Wallpapers Updates

Mega Free Wallpapers Updates


Mega Free Wallpapers is moving to BlogSpot

Posted: 05 Jul 2011 12:37 PM PDT

Unfortunately, I've had to close down my Mega Free Wallpapers site. MFW was hosted on a shared server (which was inexpensive). However, it had become so popular that the amount of traffic it was attracting was causing other sites hosted on the same server to slow down. My hosting company advised that the only thing I could do was move the site to a dedicated server, which would cost at least 8 times what I was paying for shared hosting. I wasn't prepared to pay for dedicated hosting, so the site has been closed.

There is some good news though.... I have kept a backup of all of my wallpapers, and I will be uploading them to an image host and posting the galleries on this new blog over the next few months.

I'll update the FeedBurner feeds etc to point to this new blog so that current subscribers to the old Mega Free Wallpapers feed will be aware of the changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment